Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dear Satan,

I’m a very competitive person.  I really can not stand losing.  So, why would I tolerate losing this battle I face every day of my life against Satan?  In my New Testament class, my professor, Brother Griffin, told us, somewhat jocosely, that “Satan hates our stinking guts… and he doesn’t have any.”  Of course Satan hates our guts.  We have everything he has ever dreamed of having, yet knows he never ever will have.  We should expect that he will want to make us absolutely miserable.  It makes sense that he does not want us to enjoy the very things that we are on this earth to find great joy in.  This just makes me that much more determined to win this battle.  There is a reason that the Gospel is based off of this incredible thing called the Plan of Happiness.  Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy.  I think back to one of the talks from the most recent General Conference, which spoke on bringing inactive members back to church.  The speaker stated that these fallen away members had simply lost the joy of the Gospel and we needed to help them once again find that light.  The Gospel, even by the very definition of the word, is just that – it is good news, that we ought to shout out to all of the world, so that they too can be filled with the joy of the Gospel.  We are so incredibly blessed, my friends!! We have bodies that function and do incredible things! We live in a beautiful world, on which every creature, landmark, and moment bears testimony of the omnipotent and perfect God that created it! Make a joyful noise, and be grateful for what you have. And go ahead; rub it in Satan’s face.  That’s right, Satan: we have a body, and you never will.  We are striving to one day see again the smiling face of our older brother and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, and never be separated from Him ever again. Satan, I am a blessed, strong, loved, child of God, and I will not be beaten by you. 

Most sincerely,
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment